[UK-CONTEST] Hardline query (M0XDF)

James Hill jrh at g0fhm.net
Thu Jan 8 13:11:23 EST 2009

I'm using Yellow 50R networking coax on all my antennae.

I once had the good fortune to come by some LDF-250, FOC, that I used
for the dual band setup, but LDF, I find prohibitively expensive.

The networking coax is kind of semi-rigid, and quadruple screened, with
2 layers of braid & 2x foil.

Looking at the attenuation figures, it's kind of midway between RG213 &
LDF-250. RS still sell it for £4.37/metre!

Standard connectors will fit it (just!), it's a foam dielectric, and a
solid centre conductor.

I had the good fortune to come by a couple of kilometres of the stuff a
couple of years back, and I've just used my last run on a 20m vertical.
Handy stuff.... the yellow colour is a bit of a pain if you want low
visual impact, but one of the upsides, is that it is marked with a black
blob every metre!

If you see any going cheap, it's a viable alternative to LDF, as good as
it is!

James G0FHM