[UK-CONTEST] Hardline query (M0XDF)

Ian White GM3SEK gm3sek at ifwtech.co.uk
Thu Jan 8 18:21:18 EST 2009

Darrell G0HVQ wrote:

>If you ask around, you can normally get secondhand Heliax cheap (I did)
>as it's a pain to work with, hard to get rid of and connectors cost a
>fortune.

I think what Darrell meant is, that's how the *professionals* see it.

For us, Heliax is a bargain - especially the larger sizes because people
are scared of it. It is actually much lighter than it looks, and quite
easy to handle (50m of LDF5 can easily be installed single-handed). Good
used connectors are dirt cheap on eBay.

Above all, Heliax is far more rugged and waterproof than braided coax.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek