[UK-CONTEST] Uk activity on VHF

Ray James gm4cxm at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 7 15:14:00 PDT 2010

--- On Wed, 7/4/10, Regwoolley at aol.com <Regwoolley at aol.com> wrote:

> Ray with all due respect your constant referral to the use of ON4KST is now wearing very thin! I like you do not like this rule.

I'm sorry Reg but I fail to comprehend how on the one hand you feel my comments on the unilateral RSGB Contest Committee ban on ON4KST use is wearing thin yet in your next sentence you write you don't like the rule either. Also, if you're going to quote me then please note I also stated the DX-Cluster and the killer M2 multiplier that puts the majority of the UK at a disadvantage, thereby extinguishing interest the further out you get from the South East of England in a UK Activity Contest. Therefore it has become an England Activity Contest in reality.

> There were plenty as always from GM last night and Gordon MM0GPZ was going great guns from the hills! So you point about lack of GM's on the band lacks little evidence!

Hmmmmm..I never said ANYTHING about a lack of GM's on the band last night!
I certainly worked MM0GPZ/P, GM4JR and GM4AFF though I now know GM4DIJ and GM8OEG were also active. Also GM6JTJ on a vertical as Dave's now given up on 2m in favour of HF and sold his 2m yagi.

If you're really looking for evidence Reg then please come back and report here after the results are published and lets put your "plenty of activity" comment to the test and lets see who is right or wrong. With hand on heart GM4CXM considers that the Bolton Wireless Club will have more entries in the 2m UKAC than the total of UK countries of Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales put together.

If I am correct then don't EVER tell me and the other contesters here that my complaints are "wearing thin" when I have the best interests of "ALL" UK Countries VHF+ contesting and general activity at heart.

73 Ray GM4CXM