[UK-CONTEST] UK-Contest Digest, Vol 88, Issue 45 Re 80m CC's PSK etc

Andy P Hewitt andyphewitt at btopenworld.com
Thu Apr 29 01:30:24 PDT 2010

Chris,

You raise a problem which concerns me as Chairman of the "Newbury & Dist
ARS". We have around 80 members of which only around 15 or so take part in
the HFCC contests. Those 15 or so are relatively keen contesters, but we are
all concentrated generally within 30 miles or so of Newbury in central
southern England. We are a genuine club, meeting regularly once a month in a
local hostelry and with regular club nets and other get togethers.

Over the 7 months of the HFCC contests propagation conditions vary
considerably and this favours groups with participants spread across the
country, and maybe, even outside the UK. We do very well and, I think, we
have always been in the top three of the contest, but always a bridesmaid
never a bride. Try as we might we stand almost no chance of getting the top
slot. We have members who, from time to time, come top in the individual
events, and they find it frustrating that we cannot win the annual event as
a club.
73
Andy G3SVD