[UK-CONTEST] 70MHz trophy contest

cris at gm4fam.plus.com cris at gm4fam.plus.com
Sun Jul 18 14:45:26 PDT 2010

I agree with Ray CXM.

Have done a wee survey of stations worked via Es for the last 3 years
during May, June, July and August.

While appreciating that July and Aug this year have not ended yet the
following figures showing number of stations worked from here - and this
overwhelmingly supports a June 4m event.
May - 21
June - 96
July - 30 (say 40 incl 2010)
Aug -  10 (say 15 incl 2010)

Week one -   20 were worked >  7 June inc
Week two -   21             > 14 June inc
Week three - 28             > 21 June inc
Week four -  27             > 28 June inc
(none worked on 29 or 30 June in 2008,9 nor 10!)

FWIW - very unscientific and totally concentrating on propgn to IO77.

73 Cris
GM4FAM