[UK-CONTEST] 70 MHz Trophy

John Lemay john at carltonhouse.eclipse.co.uk
Sat Jul 24 01:02:32 PDT 2010

I agree. There's too muck luck (or lack of) in Sporadic E.

Tropo on the other hand encourages us to build an effective station in a
good location, and to take time and effort in winkling out the weak ones.

In addition, the wrong sort of sporadic E simply fills the band with east
European broadcast stuff which does no-one any favours.

Points per km, and radial rings are both linear scoring systems (broadly
speaking) and so I see no advantage in one over the other. As for a maximum
score per qso, no thanks !

John G4ZTR