[UK-CONTEST] BT Infinity

David G3YYD g3yyd at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 16 08:36:19 PDT 2011

Dave

Very helpful information, thank you.

Virgin or should I say NTL cabled this street years ago with fibre. If I
(for that read XYL) want to go faster than 2MB/sec., I will go for
Virgin seems to be more EMC friendly to an HF contester. If any of my
neighbours start using BT Infinity then I may have some EMC issues. I
know with current slow broadband that a number of them go to a lower
speed but no one has actually complained to me. I think my attitude will
be nothing to do with me - it is a BT problem. I just hope Infinity can
adapt around my transmission but if my signal overloads the modem front
end....

Upgrading the exchange is cheap compared to putting the fibre to a
replaced street cabinet with electronics. No wonder BT say Infinity is
available on the exchange but no mention of the street availability.

73 David