[UK-CONTEST] RSGB Contests 2012

Andy Cowley andy.cowley at uwe.ac.uk
Thu Dec 15 07:58:40 PST 2011

 > From: Malcolm Bryan<malcolm.bryan at googlemail.com>
 > Subject: Re: [UK-CONTEST] RSGB Contests 2012
 > To: uk-contest at contesting.com
 >
 > I agree with these comments from Dave.
 >
 > I operate from UK as G8MCA when in the UK and as F1VNR when in France. Up
 > until now both scores count equally for the club and I am also confused as
 > to how this will work under the new rules.
 >
 > I never score quite as high in France as only UK stations worked count
 > whereas in UK any overseas station counts but now I suspect as soon as I
 > contribute from France I will force the club into the general category. So
 > I guess I dont contribute to the score when in France?!

You _can't_ contribute from France at all

The rules say :-
"Non-UK: Stations operating outside the UK are welcome to participate, and
their scores will be listed with UK stations in individual tables. These
stations can also earn certificates by providing points to UK competitors.
_Scores from such stations do not contribute to club scores_. "

So you won't force the club into the General category but you won't add
to their score by your log from France.

BCG has two active overseas members, who have made very small contributions
in the past, one EI and one SM, but they will no longer be eligible. Perhaps
the General category should have been written to allow contributions like
yours and theirs? I for one will miss working F1VNR.

73

Andy, M1EBV