[UK-CONTEST] Short Contest Call Sign

Rob Harrison robharrison at g8hgn.freeserve.co.uk
Sun May 8 13:14:04 PDT 2011

Hi,

Short calls on VHF/UHF have in the past been fairly rare, the recent spate
of new ones may throw up a few irregularities.

I would think that the call holder or group are new to VHF/UHF and aren't
fully conversant with the rules governing the short call. A claimed score
doesn't necessarily mean the station will put in an entry. It could be
he/she has put the claimed score in the wrong section.

Operating in this overlapping contest with a short call is not breaking the
NoV, only entering the Trophy part would do that, although the operator
could say he/she was actually in the IARU contest, but didn't do the full 24
hours.

Maybe the holder will come on here and explain later.

73

Bob G8HGN