[UK-CONTEST] 144MHz Trophy - lack of UK activity

Steve Thompson g8gsq72 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 14:07:03 PDT 2011

> Hi all,
>
> First-off, SSB FD is co-ordinated with IARU Region 1 FD.
>
> Secondly, we found it was actually rather nice to have both events
> running concurrently at the same site: it meant that those who had
> previously only experienced HF contesting were able to try their hand on
> 2m, and vice versa.

As I recall, IARU R1 50MHz contest used to share cw NFD weekend,
and was moved to avoid the clash when 50MHz became widespread and
popular.

Personally, I think that the Sept. contests should separate but
having suggested it on and off over 15 years or so I suspect it's
not going to happen soon.

Steve