[UK-CONTEST] 144MHz Trophy - lack of UK activity

Regwoolley at aol.com Regwoolley at aol.com
Thu Sep 8 03:57:40 PDT 2011

I am I guess the closest station to the centre of England! It is now deemed
 to be a spot near the A5 close to Nuneaton, I am about 1km from it!

I only came on during the Sat to do a bit of S&P I found there to be  not
many fixed stations  taking part in a serious way. However I found  there
were a good few portables out there! The days of big activity like the  80's
are now gone! However I myself do not think it was as dire a weekend as  many
are making it out to be!

The more moans on reflectors saying oh there was no one to work. The less
folks well make an effort to get on. In other words you are the makers of
your  own destiny!  Maybe we should employ a spin doctor to put things into a
better light!

Reg G8VHI