[UK-CONTEST] VHF NFD results table

Chris G4FZN ukcontest at mailbox01.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Sep 26 00:52:33 PDT 2011

Hi,

As F/G4FZN/P last year, xyl Pauline (G8HQW) and I were an "overseas entrant"
to VHF NFD, although not in the same league as the Wexford group(!). It is
worth mentioning that the adjudicator's comments with the results said, "for
the first time a second overseas station has competed and is welcomed."

Clearly, the Contests Committee welcome overseas entries - providing of
course that either all the operators are RSGB members, or the club is
affiliated to the RSGB.

I think the policy of normalising scores against the leading British entry
is the right thing to do. When there are only a couple of overseas entries,
it makes no sense to list them in a separate category.

... and to Phil G0HSS/VK4BAA .... if any Australian radio club, affiliated
to the RSGB, beats the Wexford group in next year's VHF NFD operating during
the same UTC times, then I, for one, would not begrudge them a certificate!!

Chris
G4FZN