[UK-CONTEST] N1MM and IPv6

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Mon Aug 20 13:13:59 PDT 2012

Are you actually on IPv6 Chris? I thought the penetration of it in
consumer ISPs in the UK was virtually nil. Many ISPs are upgrading
their networks to work with IPv6 but end users and their modems are
almost entirely still on IPv4. I have not seen any comment on the BT
forums about it, so I assume it is still 100% IPv4.

In any case, a local network based on IPv4 via NAT is likely to remain
the default for a very long time, with the transition to IPv6 occuring
in the router.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com