[UK-CONTEST] Two hour log deadline ... real progress!

Peter Day microwaves at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jul 18 07:50:30 PDT 2012

On 18/07/2012 13:10, Nigel G3TXF wrote:

> How about the RSGB CC taking a leaf out of their book and
> going even one better, and require that all 80m CC logs be
> E-mailed within ONE hour of the end of the contest? Why on
> earth do we need seven days?

Hi Nigel..

Some of our inexperienced club members send me their 80m CC logs to
reformat into Cabrillo as they log on paper or use Excel etc. I also
make sure their Cabrillo header info is correct so I really need up to
three days to get these in and then send to the robot. We would
discourage our M3s and M6s if they had to send in the logs themselves
within one hour :-) They have enough problems working the stations and
sometimes send me logs in BST or with the information in the wrong columns.

We are slowly educating these folk to use software such as N1MM, etc but
it takes time.

I will add that my own log is usually in the robot within 15 minutes
after the end of the contest :-)

73

Peter G3PHO