[UK-CONTEST] NFD

Chris G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 5 03:21:51 PDT 2012

I listened several times over the weekend and my conclusions were :

1 - FD was, in line with many other contests these days, dominated by Russian stations, most sending fast with totally uneccessary speeded up parts of
the exchange.

2 - Speeding up sounds ugly and adds no value whatsoever. CW is, or should be, rhythmical which is main attraction.

3 - There was a distinct lack of UK, DL, HB and I activity.

I wasn't able to take part this year, but probably wouldn't have done any way. Messing about with the rules and antenna diagrams on the website have
spoilt the fun, as also has messing about with the rules in the 80m Cumulatives.

Chris G3SJJ