[UK-CONTEST] 6m CW G3LET

Peter Hobbs peter at tilgate.co.uk
Sun Jun 24 09:21:41 PDT 2012

Well that was fun!  I felt quite a home with good signals from ZB2EO and
9H1XT.  If I may suggest, 09 - 12 is not ideal as many of the EA/CT boys
will be with the family at church - most disappeared soon after 10.00
but those remaining were still strong until the end.  Just one SM2 from
the other direction, with LA heard but not worked.

Ran the K3 with 6m button pressed on the BiggIR vertical for the first
time and taking pot luck with the radials.  Not so good on the 3/4 wave
setting, I suppose due to the low angle required for most QSOs.  Hand
logged as usual, so no score yet; will enter into SDV at some point.
Ended on 48 QSOs, with 11 continentals (incl. Dick GU4CHY - thanks for
the call!).

BTW I thought VHF would be too gentlemanly for rubber clocking, but a
couple who should know better were exchanging numbers with ZB2EO several
minutes before 10.00.

Thanks to all for the QSOs and to the Committee for setting it up.

73, Peter G3LET