[UK-CONTEST] UBN Errors

David Cree daveg3tbk at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 2 07:16:55 PST 2012

In general I agree with Clive's point about applying a penalty for
erors. However it would need to be applied to both stations or I can see
gamesmanship coming in where stations deliberately mis-send to stations
they expect to be in contention.

The analysis of stations involved at the sending end of duff QSOs needs
to be pursued.

I suspect in some events (eg. BERU) some send a "true" report but their
logging prog records 599 anyway.  In this case the culprit should be
obvious to the adjudication software and only the "sender" penalised.
Best to avoid those programmes where changing the RST means more than a
couple of keystrokes.

As for forgetting to send "/P" this is particularly noticeable in SSB FD
when many people are not using function keys to send the CQ. From my
observations some stations only remember the /P about one call in three!
Not so much of an issue on CW where most use the F1 key.

73 Dave G3TBK / J88DR