[VHFcontesting] Increasing submitted logs

Donald M. Ross dross at sirinet.net
Mon Apr 21 08:30:47 EDT 2003

After some discussion with John, NE0P, about increasing the number of logs
submitted by the non-core VHF contesters in our area, we have inserted the
following in the local club newsletter:

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - There will be a raffle conducted for a $25.00 Radio
Shack gift certificate of the logs submitted after the June VHF Contest.  To
enter the raffle, you must either send a copy of your contest log to NL7CO
at the same time that you send it to the ARRL or you must send your log
information to NL7CO (dross at sirinet.net) and he will submit it to the ARRL.
There is no minimum score required, just make a contact or two (or more) and
submit your log.  The drawing for the gift certificate will be conducted at
the club Field Day site.  To increase the odds for the non-contesters, the
following hams are not eligible to win:  NL7CO, NE0P, WO7GI, WO7GIJ, NH6CJ,
AF5Q, W5SSG, KM5NU, KD5OMJ.

The ones not eligible are the ones we could count on submitting their logs
anyway.  We normally have 6 - 8 logs in each contest, depending on military
duties of those involved, and we're trying to get the numbers up to at least
25 for each contest.

We'll let you know how it works out.

Don, NL7CO/EM04