[VHFcontesting] Re: ARRL VHF Contest

w2fca at cs.com w2fca at cs.com
Wed Apr 23 08:26:16 EDT 2003

"Tim Marek" <timm at cccomm.net> wrote:
>How about this idea...
>Get the league to release the ENTIRE log database file per
>contest to those who participate so we can do our own
>analysis of activity.

Probably wouldn't happen because of "privacy" issues. There are some who consider that giving away their competative edge. Also, it might show that K7XXX had 10 bands but only worked W8ZZZ from 12 grids and people would start yelling about captive rovers and the like.

>Or better yet, since THEY already have that file, they could
>do the analysis themselves and quit using log submissions as
>a excuse to "make a case to quit sponsoring the VHF contests".

If it takes them six months to get the results, where would they get the time/resources to do more analysis?

Frank
W2FCA
FN22wu