[VHFcontesting] Re: ARRL VHF Contest

Hoffman, Mark mhoffman at microwavedata.com
Wed Apr 23 16:40:59 EDT 2003

Uh,

Is this the VHF Contesting reflector? Sounds more like "THE ARRL SUCKS, AND
HERE'S WHY" list.

NOBODY, I mean NOBODY was happy that scores were pulled out of the mag. It
WAS the wrong move, in our collective opinion. As for content, it ain't no
Ham Radio magazine. Yeah - we all agree about that.

BUT - part of the problem we're bitching about starts right here. We're
helping cause it. Newbies that read our comments about how much the ARRL
sucks, how FM-biased they are, how downright "RANK NOVICE' they are...
that's incentive to play in our sandbox HOW?

Lighten up. Lots of folks dislike the ARRL, for lots of reasons. Taking a
rational discussion about HOW to begin analyzing and fixing VHF+ contests /
activity -  and turning it into a platform to BASH the league is
inappropriate. That's not relavant to VHF+ contesting. Let's get back to
topic.

Mark, K2AXX
ABCD9EFGHIJP
FN12cs