[VHFcontesting] A suggestion for Limiting MultiOps [was:Asuggestion for ERP-based Entry Classes]

Ev Tupis (W2EV) w2ev at arrl.net
Tue Dec 16 19:15:22 EST 2003

Lee Hiers wrote:
> > L-M/O, the way it is configured now, is bad for our future and works in
> > opposition to the efforts funded by the ARRL's Spectrum Defense Fund.
>
> Which presumes the contests are designed to support the
> ARRL's Spectrum Defense Fund.  I don't recall seeing
> anything published by the ARRL that states this.

And THAT's the problem.  The organization is promoting activities that work
against each other.  They have patently different goals.

The Spectrum Defense Fund encourages the defense of our spectrum assignments.
The Limited MO category encourages NOT using our spectrum.

If there is a need to encourage some type of participation-class segregation of,
then do so without limiting the use of our spectrum.

Ev, W2EV
--
PropNET: If the band is open and no one is TXing, does anyone hear it?
HamIM  : Messaging the all-ham way, find Rovers as they go to play.