[VHFcontesting] Ordering DEMI transverters

Bill Burgess braillist at sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 17 09:55:47 EST 2003

Greetings,

When ordering DEMI transverters, it is important to tell them what you are driving it with and the power output.  They will put attenuators in the transverter for a 10 watt output transceiver, for example.  They also include provisions for a transmit preamp should the output of your transceiver transverter outlet not be sufficient to drive the transverter to full power.  I need this extra stage for my Icom 756 ProII as the required output is -0 dBm and the output of the ProII is -20 dBm (22 mv).

In the kit, a set of ribs between two strips has to be cut and removed using a soldering iron, then the IC is installed in this area along with a few other parts and jumper wire.  The kit includes these parts whether you need them now or in the future.

Bill VE3CRU

Bill

Email: braillist at sympatico.ca