[VHFcontesting] One "Idiot's" Reply - The Real WTX Story

Matt Patterson mattpatt at 1starnet.com
Tue Oct 26 23:05:36 EDT 2004

I really enjoy rovering BUT since I live in TX for me to go out and spend
bunches of money on a 10 band rover system would be crazy.  That's why I
concentrate on the main three bands and will be adding 222 pretty soon.  My
goal is a nice 4 band rover system with good power and yagi antennas.  Will
I ever win the rover division?  NO..  Do I have fun?  YES..  And I can give
out several grids to those few who do contest from TX who would otherwise
not get them.  Sometimes winning isn't everything.  My .02.

Matt
W5LL