[VHFcontesting] rovers, etc.

Ken Alexander k.alexander at rogers.com
Tue Aug 16 21:11:09 EDT 2005

Strategy?  Really?

Hi guys, VE3HLS here.  I'll be roving for the first
time in September...6m, 2m and 70cm (sorry, that's all
I have!).

I'm not in it for the glory (operating with only 3
bands pretty well ensures that), but I had lots of fun
operating portable in last summer's contests and since
I don't have any permanent antennas at home, roving
seems like the answer.

But, strategy?  I'm still working on that one.  Aside
from knowing where I'm going and what grids I'll
operate from, keeping the car full of gas, bringing a
logbook and pencils, what kind of strategy do I need?

73 and thanks in advance,

Ken Alexander, VE3HLS
www.ve3hls.com