[VHFcontesting] Grid Circling

Bob Naumann - W5OV w5ov at w5ov.com
Thu Aug 25 11:31:45 EDT 2005

I am still puzzled why the problem with pack-rovering continues to be
misunderstood.

It is a team of rovers working together.  They need to be recognized as
a team and therefore not equivalent to a non-team, or independent rover.

There is no direct analogy to this situation, but the closest one is
where you have single operators, and multiple operators.  Multi ops are
scored differently than single ops.

Multiple rovers working together need to be scored differently than
single rovers.

> Eating someone elses belongings is wrong, and would be considered
stealing
> in the eyes of the law.  I know that I can't win my division based on
> antenna height, size, and number of bands I run, in addition to
having other
> committments that prevent me from running the entire length of the
contest.
> Does that make stations with bigger antennas "unethical" in my
eyes?.  Does
> that mean I should quit playing in contests also?
>
> 73s John NE0P

SPIRIT
> of

> ALL