[VHFcontesting] Shelby Hamfest Steak Dinner

Mike Wechsler n4ofar at charter.net
Tue Aug 22 08:19:05 EDT 2006

When: September 2, 2006 Saturday beginning 6pm or so

What is it?  A informal steak cookout and get together of all those
interested in weak signal operating, vhf/uhf/microwave.  We usually have
About 20 attend and participate; we have a fantastic dinner and then sit

Around telling lots of stories, some of them are true.

Cost:  Usually about 6-7$ for your steak, just pay at the dinner.  We
will have baked Tater' and corn.

What to Bring:  A chair if you want to sit, <G> and a big smile.  Maybe
bring your latest build project.  Show and tell, always enjoyable for
all.  Some have brought their 10ghz and 24 ghz systems.  Oh,
yes....bring a drink.

Please send me a e-mail direct and not through this refector and we will
get
You on the "steak list".   The whole family is invited, everyone will
have a wonderful evening of southern hospitality and friendship.

WE NEED:  Someone to bring the following:  1 gas grill     24 ears of
fresh corn     (umm, those fresh peaches were perfect)     steak sauces
Plates and eat'in stuff   Whatever you think would be good to eat.
Just pick something from the list and let me know you will bring it,
keeps the cost down for everyone if we can all bring
Something....... Southern style!

WE HAVE:  tables and covered awnings, provided by Robin Midgett, k4idc.
Bob
Lear, K4SZ and I will be the hosts of this year's event.  Sorry for the
late
Invitation, I was gone to the UK to visit my daughter.