[VHFcontesting] VUAC

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Thu Jun 22 08:31:37 EDT 2006

On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 11:22:44PM -0600, Bruce Herrick wrote:

> I am curious as to who gets to select these members.  Did you have input
> from the contest community, or are these just "patronage" positions like
> some of the CAC members have been in the past?

As I recall, each elected Division Director appoints a members from their
Division to the CAC and VUAC.

> > First you need to understand that we are an ADVISORY committee.  As
> > such we report to a STANDING committee of the ARRL board.  In our
> > case that is the Programs and Services Committee.
> <snip>
>  > We can propose topics for study but in the end the Programs
>  > and Services Committee sets the agenda and makes the decisions.
>

> Perhaps what we need here in addition to the list of VUAC members is a
> list of the members of the Programs and Services Committee.

Actually, that would be useful.  The ARRLWeb, where something like that
should be easy to find, has historically been useless for determining
who is on what standing committee at any point in time.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker at kenharker.com
http://www.kenharker.com/