[VHFcontesting] Re 4 meters

Eric Smith kb7dqh at donobi.net
Thu Jul 19 11:30:45 EDT 2007

Got tons of 66-88Mhz stuff left over from the other users
of the space between TV channels 4 and 5... Paging
companies!!!  Many systems, back in the "dark ages" before
satellite data  communications, used 72-75 Mhz narrowband
FM for linking the paging sites to the area "master"
transmitter.  Thus, I got lotsa commercial Yagis, cavity
filters, and even a pair of Motorola transmitters and
receivers.  Lots of GE receivers also.

The cavities tune up nicely on their 3rd harmonic, 222
Megahertz!!!
Eric
KB7DQH