[VHFcontesting] 6M Sprint Tomorrow!

JT Croteau jt.n1ese at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 18:54:57 EDT 2007

6M is terrible here right now with the rainy weather.  Noise level is
around S6 of loud crackling static with occasional peaks to S8.
However, I did manage to have a nice QSO with George, W1JHR about 76
miles to the SE of me.  I had never used SSB on this K2 before so
George had been calling me for about 15 minutes while I tried to
figure out why I wasn't getting any audio out to the transverter.  I
finally went through the SSB menu options and started turning entries
up until I started getting audio out.  Heh!  I guess I need to now
look at the SSB manual and see what settings I tweaked and how to
properly set them.  I am glad I caught this tonight and not tomorrow
night during the contest.

Thanks again to W1JHR for taking the time to have this QSO with me.
He was able to hear my 20W through the noise.  I am hopeful for better
conditions tomorrow night but not expecting much.

--
JT Croteau, N1ESE - Manchester, NH (FN42gx)