[VHFcontesting] Sorry to See Bashing of Grid Circle Competitors

John D'Ausilio jdausilio at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 09:40:06 EST 2008

I don't believe the general population is making any of these
assertions (though I realize that some individuals may have) .. the
only real issue with the grid-circlers is who they should be competing
against. The VUAC saw that grid circling caused scores which are
incompatible with those of 'traditional' rovers, they created a new
class for them (and one targeted at beginners), and the grid circlers
proceeded to modify their behaviour so that they could still circle
and 'legally' win all three classes without 'breaking' the rules. It
may be fun and rewarding for them, but to me it appears to be
anti-social behaviour.

de w1rt/john