[VHFcontesting] [VHF] Antenna Coupling Issues

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Fri Jul 11 14:42:50 EDT 2008

Along with Stan, several folks have mentioned using tight bandpass filters
on both TX and RX. I looked over DCI's filters today, and saw a few that
might fit the deal. I'm curious has to what others are using.

The bandpass filter option appeals to me as I think it would provide the
added benefit of reducing my interference levels, and providing some
additional protection for the pre-amps and front ends. I can't imagine that
I'm ever going to even seriously consider running more than 200-300 watts on
any band given the indoor antennas. It will be easy to become an "alligator"
and certainly will only cause issues with TVI/RFI, including the potential
to interfere with the President of the HOA who lives next door.

So, sources? Prices? Anything to avoid?

73,

Les Rayburn, director
High Noon Film