[VHFcontesting] VHF contesting ethics questions

Paul Kiesel k7cw at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 15:32:34 EDT 2008

I, too, like to use FSK441 and JT65. My question had
to do with using the N0UK pages to find out who was
operating where (and to determine what operating
sequence they were using). For single op unassisted,
this practice would seem to not follow the rules.

As far as random operating on FSK441 goes, I think
it's a great opportunity to make QSOs that you might
not have made otherwise - and I plan to start doing
that myself when things are slow.

But random JT65 EME QSOs are another matter. Searching
the bands, one would be hard pressed to find an
ongoing EME QSO unless one of the participants lived
within terrestrial propagation range.

73,
Paul, K7CW