[VHFcontesting] A reasonable approach to the grid circlingproblem....

John Geiger aa5jg at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 21 10:47:07 EST 2008

--- On Fri, 11/21/08, Kenneth E. Harker <kenharker at kenharker.com> wrote:

> Imagine an HF contest where a multi-op claimed QSO credit
> for QSOs with its
> own operators.  Upon investigation, you found out that they
> actually used a
> separate radio on the other side of the room with a light
> bulb or a dummy
> load as an antenna to make those QSOs.  That station would
> be disqualified
> with good cause.

If the other station was a separate rig, never used for the main multiop setup, and if the operators of station #2 never operated the main multiop station, I do not see how that is a violation of the rules.  I think the same thing goes for the grid circling stations-they are all separate, self contained stations, each with their own operator, who take turns working each other.

73s John AA5JG