[VHFcontesting] Drawing conclusions [Was: Endorse Rover Rules Revisions EXCEPT the 30 Q Limit

Christopher Burke chris at n9yh.com
Wed Feb 18 12:49:45 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:00 AM, <vhfcontesting-request at contesting.com>wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 03:37:14 -0800 (PST)
> From: Ev Tupis <w2ev at yahoo.com>
>
> --- On Wed, 2/18/09, Mike Metroka <VHFRover at aol.com> wrote:
> > Obviously from the responses from several active Rovers,
> > the idea of activating a grid only once during the contest
> > is flawed and discussion should probably be dropped or the
> > proposal modified.
>
> The responses that we see are based on the ability to comment proactively
> and nothing more.  We would have seen similar threads, had the ARRL folk
> floated previous rover rules through this list prior to implementation, too.
>  They didn't...they were just implemented without public comment.
>
> fwiw
>
> Ev, W2EV

No, Ev, that's not it.  Take the proposed 30/50 rules - some people like it
(like K4GUN), some people don't (like me) and we're seeing comments both
ways.  I haven't seen any comments in support of activating a grid once
besides yours.  I know you like your idea - we all like our own ideas - and
I know you think you can make it work based on how you've operated in the
past, but other do things differently and it cramps their style.  I think
it's time to let this one go.

73!  Chris N9YH

--
Chris Burke