[VHFcontesting] Contesting Philosophy

Ron Hooper w4wa at alltel.net
Thu Feb 26 18:02:44 PST 2009

Hello Gents

I got a question, can someone tell me why the CQ Contest rules never seem to
come up for discussion on this list?

Marshall, your e-mail was in my spam bucket for some reason. I just received
it tonight.

IMHO, VHF and HF *hardcore contest operators* are different people but have
the same goal. I put Marshall in a hardcore VHF class since he is all about
winning. W4AN was a hardcore HF operator and was also all about winning. To
someone that operates a few times on HF or VHF, it does not put you in the
same class with these guys. I think many people KNOW they will never be able
to build a competitive station or achieve the competitive success so they

Ron W4WA