[VHFcontesting] Bugs during contest prep

Chet, N8RA chetsubaccount at snet.net
Fri Jun 12 13:00:11 PDT 2009

speaking of bugs..

Was just out to the large aluminum junction box at the base of one tower to
find it swarming with tiny black ants.
Took my measurements, then left them some treats and put the cover back on.

A few weeks ago when I checked a wooden junction box on a different tower,
it had a swarm of carpenter ants in it.
Left them some treats then too, and now find they have enjoyed them- RIP.

The equipment is coming together fine for this weekend, hope to work a lot
of you on 6, 2, and 432.

Now about those thunderstorms predicted for tomorrow and Sunday..hmmmm

73,
Chet, N8RA, FN31