[VHFcontesting] [Fwd: ARRL June VHF K3TD Single Op LP]

Tad Danley tdanley at suddenlink.net
Mon Jun 15 19:10:40 PDT 2009

Was out of pocket most of Saturday afternoon and evening, but still had
fun!  I am antenna challenged due to deed restrictions, so have been
thinking about either a portable or rover operation someday - or even
traveling to a Multi-Op.

Lots of E-skip, but not to heavily populated areas in the limited time I
was on - so I missed lots of 'regulars', and no VE, XE, 6s, 7s, very few
3s and 4s, etc.

It was a good opportunity to try out my TS-2000.  KB3JHO was telling me
about his - liked it so much he bought a second one!  Turns out it looks
like a nice rig for a 3 band portable/rover in a box ... hmmm ...

                     ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K3TD
Operator(s): K3TD
Station: K3TD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EM10
Operating Time (hrs): 6

     6:   88    47
     2:   12     7
   222:
   432:    4     3
   903:
   1.2:
   2.3:
   3.4:
   5.7:
   10G:
   24G:
-------------------
Total:  104    57  Total Score = 6,156

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

IC-756ProII for 6, TS-2000 for 2 and 432
Par Omniangles at 20' (6), 16' (2) and 12' (432)

73,
Tad, K3TD

--
Tad Danley, K3TD