[VHFcontesting] Rover Mast height, an experiance in Los Angeles....

Jonesy via VHFcontesting vhfcontesting at contesting.com
Mon Dec 22 18:59:46 EST 2014

On Mon, 22 Dec 2014, Tim Marek via VHFcontesting wrote:

>Something I learned while on the road in the outskirts of Los Angeles....
>Rover Rule #7...  "Not All Gas Stations Are Created Equal",
>especially the older ones from the 60s and 50s...

Around 1955-56, my dad (the first W3DHJ) had a big honkin' 75M whip
mounted on the side rear panel of a Ford station wagon -- typical ant.
installation of The Day.  He drove into a gas station and paid for
at least a dozen 8 foot fluorescent lamps.

73
Jonesy W3DHJ
--
  Marvin L Jones     | W3DHJ      | W3DHJ  | http://