[VHFcontesting] FT8 contest mode incompatibly

John Kludt johnnykludt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 15:40:59 EDT 2019

Guys,

Okay I think this enough of this.  There are any number of why's to enjoy
ham radio and yet some seem to feel that anyone who does not enjoy ham
radio "their way" isn't a ham.  At Contest University at Dayton or Xenia or
whatever you call it a number of the big time contesters where sporting
button that said "Please Copy" with the universally recognized circle and
slash meaning "Not" overlying the words.  At multi-multi contests sites I
have been reminded more than once that extra words just slow everybody
down.  So it was a contest, not a rag chew..  That hardly makes people
"asocial."

Assume positive intent, remember its a hobby and have some fun.

Peace,

John