[VHFcontesting] SG Labs 903 MHz Transverters

Buddy Morgan beamar at aol.com
Fri May 10 07:12:57 EDT 2019

A few years ago, George, WA2VNV purchased one of their 1296 transverters. It really worked well for him. Since there is not a lot of activity on 900, around here, I did not want to spend a lot of money on equipment, for that band. So, I bought a SG Labs 900 transverter. I purchased an 11 element commercial yagi, on sale. Bottom line: I have a 900 rover, that works well, for less than $300. My IC 9100 is a little heavy, to take roving. So, I later purchased the 1296 transverter and the PA. I recently purchased the 2304 transverter. I am interfacing it with an old SSB PA, to use, roving, in the June contest. I have used the 2304 transverter, with a FM H/T and a Cloverleaf antenna. Works pretty well.

Skipping to the end of the story, the Bulgarians make good equipment, at good prices. I do not like to see domestic manufacturers suffer, from foreign competition. But, in this case, the price is not even close.

Buddy WB4OMG
EL 98