[VHFcontesting] Digital and Q arrangement contesting

Dennis Allen N9TZL at outlook.com
Sun Sep 22 19:27:25 EDT 2019

I had written this a while back but had not posted it yet but its time, should have sent it before!

At this point I do not do any digital  mode contesting and I would think there are others in the same category. So without  one doing FT8 and alike there chances of doing well in contests is pretty limited. So I am wondering if they are going to create a non digital class in the VHF/UHF contests?

I also do not think the ability to talk to other stations to make Q's via chat rooms, phone and such is NOT good. To me it has removed the radio related skills that one had learned to locate other stations and make Q's. There just are not allot of guys looking around trying to make Q's as before because they are on chat rooms and such making arrangements to make Q's instead of being on the radio which to me has greatly hurt VHF/UHF contesting!!  It has turned into a computer social operating contest not a radio operating contest!!

Dennis Allen N9TZL