[VHFcontesting] W3DHJ/R ARRL JUNE VHF

Jonesy W3DHJ mailserver at jonz.net
Mon Jun 8 21:47:26 EDT 2020

Something new this year == DM86.  (Well, new for me...)

My plan is to start the contest in DM86bx about 1-2 miles south of the
Colo-NM border on NM 551.  From Google Maps and Google Street View I
should have a good horizon into New Mexico from there. After an hour or
so I will slink back up into Colorado for about a mile and continue to
operate out of DM86bx with a good horizon into Colorado. Then I'll move
a couple hundred yards further north and operate from DM87ba -- for
maybe another hour - and depending on Es condx.

After that I will roll on up to the northern edge of the grid to DM87cx.
I will finish the day's operations in DM88bb.

Sunday will see me doing my old, time proven grid sequence of DM78xa,
DM77xw, DM87bw, and DM88bb -- circling the 38°N, 104°W conjunction.

I'll be operating Rover Limited: 6M SSB-CW, 2M SSB-CW, and 432 SSB-CW.

More details at  https://W3DHJ.net/vhfrover_plans.php

Saturday:

SAT #1: DM86bx: 1800z-1910z, NM Hwy 551
                 then roll up to
SAT #2: DM86bx: 1920z-2030z, CO Hwy 389
                 then move to
SAT #3: DM87ba: 2045z-2145z,
                 then a long move to
SAT #4: DM87cx: 2300z-0100z,
                 then slip up to
SAT #4: DM88bb: 0130z-0200+z,
                 then enroute home DM78rf47hc

Sunday:

SUN #0: DM78rf47hc QTH: Radio checks (possible contacts?)

SUN #1: DM78xa: ~1200z~1530z  Earliest possible "in" time
                              to latest possible "out" time...
SUN #2: DM77xw: ~1530z~1900z  " "

SUN #3: DM87bw: ~1900z~2230z  " "

SUN #4: DM88bb: ~2230z~0200+z " "