[WriteLog] Tuning in PSK31

Jay Townsend jay@ieway.com
Tue, 23 May 2000 00:40:23 +0000

At 05:40 PM 5/17/00 -0400, Antony J. Heatwole wrote:

>I find it almost impossible to tune in PSK31 (or RTTY, for that matter)
>using WriteLog. By contrast, DigiPan (and probably other specialized
>PSK31 programs) make tuning and operating PSK31 a snap. But DigiPan
>isn't intended for contesting and isn't even very good for logging.
>
>Are there special techniques for tuning in PSK31 using WriteLog?

Having used nothing but Writelog I beg to differ. I find the signal on the
band. And just click with the mouse on the middle and its there. I really
don't find much very hard at all about it.

I lately have set my tones up to 2125 and I just tune a flat line on either
my scope display or on the DXP38 so I get a line of the LED's up, but
actually its only because that stuff is in line. I do run filters, 250 Hz
so usually have only a couple of signals in the Pass band.