[WriteLog] FT1000mp+Writelog+Rigblaster HELP

Sante - IK0HBN ik0hbn@libero.it
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 18:12:55 +0100

Hi, I am trying to set Rigblaster with Writelog with an FT1000MP.

The problem I have is using FSK (RTTY mode in FT1000mp panel) with the
usual transistor which keys the rig.

Till now everything run flawlessly, but now, using the RIGBLASTER for PSK31
and SSB contesting, I do not know how to do with PTT function.

Rigblaster requires a serial cable. The only port available here is  where
now I have PTT+FSK.

My question is: is it possible to use the same serial port linked to
rigblaster and add inside the plastic shield at the computer side one
transistor with the usual resistor to key radio in true FSK to link to the
RTTY port at the radio?

Is the PTT at microphone socket at radio used to key on air the radio when
in RTTY?

I wish to run a serial cable to rigblaster for PSK31 and SSB contesting and
using the same PTT at microphone socket to key radio when on FSK - of
course I would use another transistor to key FSK input. How do I do this?

TIA
SANTE