[WriteLog] 10/22/2000 Updates to K9JY WriteLog Web site

Scot Herrick sherrick@ameritech.net
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 01:57:00 -0000

All,

This weeks additions to the K9JY WriteLog web site (at www.k9jy.com):

- Added a section on setting up time accurately for logging in 'Setting up
You' and then clicking on 'Program Setup.' You ARE ready for the Daylight
Savings time change this coming weekend for CQ WW SSB, aren't you??

- Added a section on Rate Graphs under 'Operating a Contest' and then
clicking on 'Contest Operations.'

- Added an 'Arranging Windows' (how to move windows around in WriteLog) and
a 'Screen Shots' (screen shot examples of WriteLog in use) section in
'WriteLog Windows.' I know I said I was done with this section, but....

- Added an annotated 'WriteLog.ini' section from the Help file under
'Functional.'

- Added initial sections to 'Post Contest' consisting of 'Log Edit' and
'Submitting Logs.' This section talks about what to do after the contest and
how to do it. Left to complete in this section is a screen set for exporting
your contest logs to other programs (like DXbase2001), QSLing, and Reporting
on the contest.

This continues to be a work in progress. However, at this point you should
be able to set up WriteLog on your PC, operate a contest, and submit your
log to the contest sponsor. I'll be traveling this week on business and hope
to get a bit more done on the laptop. Then going to K4JA to operate CQ WW
SSB in VA. Then back on next Monday and will hopefully upload more then.

Still looking for screen prints on how your WriteLog looks (send them to me
as a .jpg or .gif file) and looking for a few more contest rules link sites.

Again, thanks for all of your kind comments on the site. More to do...

CU...Scot, K9JY

mailto:scot@k9jy.com
www.k9jy.com