[WriteLog] CW using USB and/or LSB

Anders Larsson DF3IAL@t-online.de
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 00:10:59 +0100

Hi,
I was doing some SO2R last weekend using my brand new W5XD/K5DJ Multi Keyer.
After cutting cables and soldering all those connectors I was very, very
pleased about the investment. It does everything it is supposed to do.
BUT, of course there must be a BUT.
Every click on the bandmap sets the FT-1000MP to CW/USB. My second radio is
an IC-751 which only uses LSB for CW. Think of that, CW/USB in my left ear
and CW/LSB in my right ear. Sure it does not matter when you listen to a
station but when you are tuning the bands you have to remember that the
pitch goes different ways when tuning both radios in the same direction.
This is unnecessary pain. I do not want to go back to a DOS program for this
reason.

Please Wayne, let us have a flag in WriteLog.ini for CW/LSB. All that is
needed is a slightly different command sent to the radio. I can provide the
info for FT-1000MP. No change is needed in decoding info from the radio.

Tia

btw
Nobody has yet responded with help regarding programming of the add-in rig
drivers so I cannot go that route. Using the OLE interface is also no
solution.

Andy DF3IAL
df3ial@t-online.de