[WriteLog] Problems from RTTY contest

Gil Baron gbaron@home.com
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 22:17:44 -0500

--=====================_132907070==_.ALT

At 00:48 10/1/2001, Barry wrote:
>Here are the WL problems that happened to me during the contest:
>
>1. Lots of callsigns weren't auto-highlighted, even if preceeded by a
>DE. So, I had to click on them, rather than just hitting INS. Related
>to this, if a partial-call is in the master.dta file, it keeps the whole
>call from highlighting. For example, if SN2E is in the database, but
>a call such as SN2EEO appeared, couldn't click on the complete
>call.

This also happened to me. Glad to see I was not imagining it or doing
something wrong, not glad it happens :-)

>2. MMTTY crashed every hour or two with a text message "Lost
>Sound." Fortunately, all that was necessary was close the RTTY
>window, then reopen it. BTW, MMTTY did a great job of copying
>that fluttery stuff (seems like everything was fluttery this weekend!)
>by selecting Multipath. Also, I didn't think of using it till near the
>end, but the AFC worked great, rather than twiddling the RIT.

I never had the crash but doing some set up things I did get teh message a
couple of times and close and reopen did fix it.

>It was fun, and tiring! Tnx for all the QSOs.
>73,
>Barry
>--
>Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up@mindspring.com
>Newtown, PA                     Frankford Radio Club

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_132907070==_.ALT

At 00:48 10/1/2001, Barry wrote:<br>
happened to me during the contest:<br><br>
1. Lots of callsigns weren't auto-highlighted, even if preceeded by a
DE. So, I had to click on them, rather than just hitting INS. Related
to this, if a partial-call is in the master.dta file, it keeps the whole
call from highlighting. For example, if SN2E is in the database, but
a call such as SN2EEO appeared, couldn't click on the complete <br>
This also happened to me. Glad to see I was not imagining it or doing
something wrong, not glad it happens :-)<br><br>
with a text message &quot;Lost <br>
Sound.&quot; Fortunately, all that was necessary was close the RTTY
window, then reopen it. BTW, MMTTY did a great job of copying <br>
that fluttery stuff (seems like everything was fluttery this weekend!)
by selecting Multipath. Also, I didn't think of using it till near the
end, but the AFC worked great, rather than twiddling the RIT.<br>
I never had the crash but doing some set up things I did get teh message
a couple of times and close and reopen did fix it.<br><br>
the QSOs.<br>
73,<br>
Barry<br>
--<br>
Barry Kutner,
W2UP&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Internet: w2up@mindspring.com<br>
Newtown,
PA&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Frankford Radio Club<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>