[WriteLog] Lost multiplier in RTTY RU

Jim Reisert jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Mon, 07 Jan 2002 14:05:20 -0500

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your corroboration.

I learned not to panic.  I just let it sit there and it ALWAYS got back
into working normally.  But it was hard waiting.  There didn't seem to be
any rhyme or reason to when it happened, at least I wasn't really taking notes.

I did add disclaimers that WL/MMTTY weren't the only things running on my
box (PIII 933 MHz with 512MB of RAM).  I wonder if you were running
anything else?  I needed to be able to jump back and log the mobiles on the
county hunters net, as well as check packet for new band countries, so I
was reluctant to close down DX4WIN.  And the background job, well, I just
about forget it's there, it's so unobtrusive.  I guess what I'm trying to
say is I'm relying on either:

a.  no one else had the problem, it's just my setup, or

b.  someone else had the problem, but ran "clean" so it's something with
WL, MMTTY or XP, that Wayne may be able to debug some day.

- Jim

--
Season's Greetings 2001/2002 - http://www.ad1c.com/2001/

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com