[WriteLog] Writelog-CT17-Radios

Richard Zalewski dick.w7zr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 13:30:08 EST 2004

Wayne,

Is there some sort of stacking register that cleared when you make a
change to the program for example if you change the port setup in any
way?  The thing I notice is when I make a change and come back to test
the problem it works for the first few spots and then goes back to the
original problem.

Dick

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:30:35 -0000, W. Wright, W5XD <w5xd at writelog.com> wrote:
> >No solution to your problem, but get the same thing regarding "No
> >Rig".  Unfortunately, once the "No Rig" shows up it stays until the Port
> >Window is pulled down and selecting OK.  Then the radio is once again
> >recognized.  The radio is an IC746 using a homemade CAT interface.  This
> >problem only occurs with Writelog.  >>
> >
> >For what it may be worth, here is my experience. I have a home brew
> interface
> >with a 756 Pro. It worked perfectly with Windows 95. When I installed
> Windows
> >98SE, I would frequently get the same condition as Mike explains above and
> >could "fix" the same way. Now that I'm running XP professional, everything
> >works perfectly again. The only change was the OS.  Go figure.   I only run
> WL, so
> >don't know about any other applications.
>
> I suspect this is caused by the number-of-stop-bits setting WL is
> using when setting up the COM ports. Way back since about 1991, WL
> has set all COM ports for rig control to 2 stop bits. But certain
> combinations of OS, COM port hardware (USB? or on motherboard?),
> and rig don't work properly with 2. You can change an INI setting
> to tell WL to use 1 stop bit on a comm port. From the [RIGS] topic
> in the WL online help:
>
> The COMn:= settings in [RIGS], as of version 10.41, are used for rig control
> (only)—but just to control the baud rate and number of stop bits. WriteLog
> always sets no parity and 8 bit characters for rig control, regardless of
> the COMn: settings.
>
> COM1:=9800,n,8,1,
> COM2:=4800,n,8,2,
>
> That very last digit is the number-of-stop-bits. Try creating a [RIGS]
> section
> in your INI file and set stop-bits to 1.
>
> Wayne

Tnx es 73
Dick W7ZR