[WriteLog] Writelog and VE7CC cluster software

Ian White, G3SEK G3SEK at ifwtech.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 05:32:38 EST 2005

Dale Jackaman wrote:
>I have also been using VE7CC's AR Cluster software and no problem with
>Writelog.  The only issue, and it's nothing to do with the VE7CC software,
>is that Writelog opens the packet terminal under the Writelog window so
>you have to minimize Writelog or hit ALT TAB to get at it.  It doesn't
>show as a running app below so this fools a lot of the operators not
>familiar with Writelog's idiosyncrasies.

This may actually be one of Windows' idiosyncrasies, not Writelog's. On
the W98SE Taskbar, the WL packet terminal *does* show as a separate
active app (and I'd actually prefer that it didn't, because there's too
much other stuff there already).

> I wish that the Writelog terminal
>software had auto-login as well.

Agreed - though only as an option, of course.

Another minor problem that could be helped by auto-login is to prevent
the first big rush of packet spots from arriving before WL is ready for
them - which means they don't get into the spots window or the bandmap.
This can happen when WL and the cluster software are started
independently, so then you have to re-load all the spots from the
cluster.

--
73 from Ian G3SEK